Friday 8 February 2013

Weekly Recipe: Vegetarian Arancini

I had some friends over for dinner and made them arancini rice balls by combining a couple of different recipes. Easy and tasty. I cooked two cups of arborio rice in vegetable stock in my rice cooker (I know, lazy).


Then I added a lightly beaten egg, with an extra egg yolk, 50 g grated Parmesan cheese and some chopped herbs from my garden and mixed it all together


I shaped the rice into balls with my hands and put some flour in one bowl and two more lightly beaten eggs into another bowl. I made some breadcrumbs, first with left-over white bread and then with left-over sour dough bread. The sour dough didn't work.


I first dipped the balls in the flour, then the egg and finally the breadcrumbs.


The balls were fried in vegetable oil.


We ate them with chutney and marinated olives, semi-dried tomatoes, mushrooms and capsicum from the deli.

No comments:

Post a Comment