Friday 11 October 2013

Materials and Technologies - 'Jessidee86 Handmade Cards'

Every second Friday I have a chat with another crafter about the materials and techniques that they use in their work. Today I'm talking to Jess from Newcastle, who makes greeting cards which she sells in her online store, Jessidee86 Handmade Cards.



Please tell us a little about yourself.

Hi! I'm Jess from Jessidee86 Handmade Cards. I'm 26 and live in Newcastle, NSW. When I'm not crafting, I'm at my day job, or studying... I am studying a bachelor of education through correspondence.


What materials and techniques do you like to use?

My main materials are patterned papers, good quality card stock, alcohol ink markers (Spectrum Noirs) and stamps. I love stamping people images and colouring them in using my Spectrum Noir markers. They feature, quite heavily, in my cards. 


What challenges have you faced in the creative process?

I, like so many people, lose my craft mojo, and nothing I create seems to work. To get out of this craft block, I look at inspiration online, clean up my forever messy desk, or organise/cull my ever growing stash of supplies... 

 
What drives you to create?

For me, creating is a process of relaxation. It takes my mind off of uni work and all the other day to day stresses. I gather inspiration from so many sources, one of my favourite things are colour combinations. I love cruising Madeit or Blogs to come up with 'trendy' colour combos and fun patterns. I usually start by spreading out lots of pretty patterned papers and try to match a stamp to those papers...


What is coming up next?

Coming up next, hopefully, I'll expand my range from cards into stamped and coloured images to be framed for kids' bedrooms. I plan on exploring my options for this in the coming months, so keep an eye out!

 

All images have been provided by Jess of Jessidee86 Handmade Cards.

You can read more materials and techniques interviews from the last two months. If you would be interested in contributing, do get in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment