Friday 10 May 2013

Weekly Recipe: Pizza

Yay for pizza! This week I made two, one "Italian" and one "Argentinian. The dough was whipped up in my bread maker with 1 teaspoon of yeast, 475 g of flour, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of powdered milk, 1 3/4 tablespoons of sugar, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 300 ml of water. The same feat could be achieved by kneading, but I'm lazy.



This was enough for two pizzas - I made square-ish pizzas and pricked them with a fork.



The Italian-ish pizza had a squashed tomato, basil and oregano base, layered with very thinly sliced potato, tomato, ham and capsicum and then covered with cheese.



But the Argentinian onion pizza (fugazzeta) was more interesting. I sliced three onions thinly and cooked them in a little olive oil in the frying pan until soft.



Then put them over the base which had been scattered with grated cheese (a mix of mozzarella and provolone works well) and oregano. I put olives on half of the pizza, since Darren doesn't like them.



Bake in an oven at 210 degrees for about half an hour and yum-o. Enough for two nights!


No comments:

Post a Comment