Thursday 13 March 2014

And Now We Are Four...

Two months ago, we became a family of four when we welcomed a new baby and since then I have been fairly busy doing the whole feed-nappy-settle routine. There hasn't been a great deal of time for crafting, or coming up with fun preschool activities, or being active on social media.


However, I can't (and don't want to) put aside my first-born whilst I concentrate on the little one. Miss 3 can entertain herself, but like all children she enjoys playing with her parents and adores it when I say to the baby "I'm sorry, you'll just have to wait a minute whilst I finish what I'm doing with your sister." Reading is perhaps our favourite activity at the moment, especially as I can read to Miss 3 whilst feeding the baby.


Other things that I have been doing with Miss 3 while the baby is asleep are simple activities around the house that don't require a lot of setting up or pack up. Things like playdough, stamping and painting...


... pretend play...


... puzzles and games...


... walks to the park...


... and imaginary trips to the beach.


There may have also been a couple of actual trips to the beach with all four of us over the last two months. It has been summer in Australia, after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment